How to use gst-rtsp-server as a proxy?

J mc1741p at gmail.com
Thu May 4 00:34:34 UTC 2017

Searching the archives, I have found several hits where people have asked
about building an rtsp proxy, but no clear solutions.

Am I missing something obvious? I have a mix of cheap commercial IP
cameras, and the one thing they have in common is that they all speak rtsp.
I would guess that *someone* would have written a simple proxy that sits on
the "router" (in my case, a dd-wrt box, but it could easily be replaced
with a generic linux box) and proxies connections.

Any pointers please?