Meson not in/not usable, but mentioned in release note of 1.12?

Fri May 5 06:39:15 UTC 2017

Hello,

in release notes of 1.12, meson is mentioned as new/additional build system:

"Meson build files are now disted in tarballs, for jhbuild and so distro
packagers can start using it. Note that the Meson-based build system is
not 100% feature-equivalent with the autotools-based one yet."

I assume according to reply I got from Nirbheek (see below) that Meson
is not usable in release 1.12?

Or were there some late changes for 1.12 to be able to use it?

Best regards,

Martin