Question on release 1.12: How to enable MSDK on Windows?

Scott D Phillips scott.d.phillips at intel.com
Mon May 8 16:26:36 UTC 2017

On Fri, May 05, 2017 at 11:30:37PM -0700, Baby Octopus wrote:
> Is it possible to have msdk on Linux as well? I see the media SDK is
> available only for Yocto and not for Ubuntu & Centos

For general linux support you will want to look at the Media Server Studio:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-media-server-studio/details

> Any article which explains what all dependencies need to be installed to get
> MSDK working? That would be great

The getting started guide that comes with media server stdio lists the
installation steps. Once that is complete then a normal build of
gst-plugins-bad will include the msdk plugin.