Extraction of Overlay Data from Video File

mudassar mudassar87 at hotmail.com
Wed May 10 09:59:09 UTC 2017

Hi Miki,

I working on a project where we need to multiplex live subtitles in a live
stream and then consume those subtitles on the reader side as metadata. so
for this I am working on similar lines as you described.

 However, my application does not generate a playable file. My code
translates to following pipeline

uridecodebin ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw format=I420 ! queue ! vp8enc !
mux. appsrc ! application/x-subtitle format={pango-markup, utf8 }
stream-type=0 format=3 is-live=true do-timestamp=true ! subparse ! kateenc
category=SUB ! queue ! mux. webmmux name=mux ! queue ! filesink

I tried replacing webmmux with matroskamux but with no success.

I also get this warning sometimes: <subparse> could not convert string
from 'UTF-8' to UTF-8: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input

It might help if you could share your code which seams to be doing similar
thing.

Regards,