multiple servers streaming to the same udpsrc port

Visser Sander (2) (Consultant) sander.visser.2 at consultant.volvo.com
Fri May 12 07:20:20 UTC 2017

Hi

Im looking into having multiple servers stream to the same client (2 separate gstreamer instances in the client) using UDP unicast, but also the same UDP port on the client (for simplicity avoiding configuration in the servers).

 I do not find any high-level way to lock the source IP of the UDP stream in the client, I thought I would be able to specify a GSocket with source address locker in 'udpsrc', but cannot understand if this possible. It seems remote-address of a GSocket is read-only.  The only method I find is to create the GSocket using an fd where SO_ATTACH_FILTER has been set to only allow one sender.

Another way would be to rewrite the destination port depending on source IP outside the gstreamer pipeline, or should it be possible without modifying gstreamer plugins?

Is there a more high-level GStreamer method to limit the source IP?

/Regards Sander

This email message and any attachments may contain confidential information and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or otherwise not authorized to receive this message, you are prohibited to use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this email or any information contained herein. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by replying to this email and permanently delete this message and any attachments from your system.