Knowing which plugin is being used

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed May 17 10:54:58 UTC 2017

I believe that GST_PLUGIN_PATH gives a sequence of directories in which
to look for shared libraries containing plugins. I have set:

GST_PLUGIN_PATH=/home/russel/Built/lib/gstreamer-1.0:/home/russel/Built/lib64/gstreamer-1.0

So as to cope with both Debian (lib) and Fedora (lib64) without having
to worry.

I have now a separate build of the dvbsrc stuff from gst-plugins-bad

|> ll /home/russel/Built/lib64/gstreamer-1.0
total 376
drwx------. 2 russel russel   4096 May 15 17:18 ./
drwx------. 3 russel russel   4096 May 15 17:11 ../
-rwx------. 1 russel russel 368744 May 15 17:18 libgst-dvb.so*

Hopefully this is being picked up before the normal install. The
question is what is the canonical/idiomatic way of knowing that one is
using the standalone plugin and not the one from the GStreamer
distribution?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk