Safe H264 video saving to file

Myzhar myzhar at gmail.com
Thu May 25 07:37:51 UTC 2017

My problem is that I have a stream with audio and video and I need to save
them to multiple files using "multifilesink" (I cannot use splitmuxsink
because I must use a GStreamer version that does not support it).

Using "multifilesink" with "mpegtsmux" and H264 codec generates files that
are not playable.

I can use any kind of codec for the output files, so I must find the
"safest" one with an eye on quality ;-)

Can you suggest me the better way to achieve this result?

Thank you

Walter