Eliminating sped-up playback after connection loss

XanthumChum jsforsyt at ncsu.edu
Wed Nov 1 07:58:36 UTC 2017

Hello, I’m working on a team that’s using GStreamer through Raspivid on a
Raspberry Pi to get FPV footage streaming from a camera on a drone for
animal research.  When doing range tests, we’ve found that when losing the
stream, it freezes, and when the stream is back, it goes through the
downtime sped up until it catches up to real time. How do we turn this off
so that we see real time as soon as we get the stream back?

The command run on the Pi:
raspivid -t 0 -h 730 -w 1296 -fps 25 -b 2000000 -o - | gst-launch-1.0 -v
fdsrc ! h264parse !  rtph264pay config-interval=1 pt=96 ! gdppay !
tcpserversink host=YOUR-PI-IP-ADDRESS port=5000
The command run on the base computer:
gst-launch-1.0 -v tcpclientsrc host=192.168.1.11 port=5000  ! gdpdepay !
rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink sync=false
(from  this tutorial <http://pi.gbaman.info/?p=150>  )