mp4 file repair

William Salibrici bsalibrici at latticeinc.com
Wed Nov 8 15:46:56 UTC 2017

I am creating mp4 recordings in a known format.
Below is the discover tool result [short version] for a test recording:

Topology:
  container: Quicktime
    audio: MPEG-4 AAC
    video: H.264 (Constrained Baseline Profile)

Properties:
  Duration: 0:00:48.000000000
  Seekable: yes
  Tags:
      audio codec: MPEG-4 AAC audio
      bitrate: 21346
      language code: en
      datetime: 2017-10-25T15:04:50Z
      container format: ISO MP4/M4A
      video codec: H.264 / AVC
      maximum bitrate: 5222160

The problem is that sometimes I will get a recording that was not finalized so the data is there but the recording is unreadable.
However, the audio and video formats are known.
The question is this: does anyone know of a repair tool that can go over the existing data in the recording file and create the proper moov atom at the end of the file?
Thank you for your help,

--Bill