mp4 file repair - UPDATE 1

William Salibrici bsalibrici at latticeinc.com
Thu Nov 9 22:14:58 UTC 2017

Prabhakar,
Thank you for your reply - you are absolutely right.
I think a problem may be that the approximate recording duration  has to be known in advance to estimate how much free space to reserve  for the moov.
I could probably work with your approach by over-estimating the amount of space  to reserve at the cost of wasting some amount of  free space at the start of file. Now the recording would always carry the wasted free space.
However, using the moov-recovery-file property of the mp4mux [qtmux] creates an additional file for repair and a separate recovery step with the qtmoovrecover element is required.
Using the reserved-* of the mp4mux eliminates the separate recovery file and this could be advantageous.
I will experiment with your suggestion.

Regards,

Bill