queue + gstreamer 1.0

Michael MacIntosh mmacintosh at linear-systems.com
Wed Nov 15 18:29:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

You can try setting the "min-threshold-buffers" property on the queue:

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-plugins/html/gstreamer-plugins-queue.html#GstQueue--min-threshold-buffers

But I am pretty sure that would still cause the same issue.  You can
also try reducing the min-threshold-buffers property after the running
signal has been emited.

Another option would be to replace the queue with queue2 and set
"use-buffering" to true, then it would wait for the queue2 to fill up,
but I haven't used queue2 for this so your mileage may vary.

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-plugins/html/gstreamer-plugins-queue2.html

Either way, the encoder falling behind isn't good.  Try lower settings
or if you are using x264, try enabling zero-latency. Because even if you
enable buffering, it will just take longer for the problem to surface,
because the encoder might not "catch-up" to current time.

Cheers,
Michael.