Missing h264 decoder in Samsung Galaxy S7 devices

Thadeu Antonio Ferreira de Melo thadeu.afm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 19:28:06 UTC 2017

Hello.

We have an Android app that plays rtsp streams. The app Works fine on most
of our devices, but tests on a Galaxy S7 shows only a black screen.

Using Android Studio debug we discovered these erro messages.

"gsturidecodebin.c:931:unknown_type_cb:<uridecodebin0> warning: No decoder
available for type 'video/x-h264, stream ..."

"gstdecodebin2.c:4600 .... Missing decoder: H.264 (High Profile)
(video/x-h264, ...."

"gsturidecodebin.c:998:no_more_pads_full: .... Missing decoder: H.264 (High
Profile) (video/x-h264, ..."

We have found a similar case with the Twitch app on the S7. But no more
information than that.

Does and one have any clue on how to solve this problem?