subclass gstbin to overwrite handle_message

Eloi Bail eloi.bail at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 19:58:31 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

I am trying to subclass Gstbin to overwrite handle_message virtual method.

I tried to make it simple. I defined MyBin which is a subclass of GstBin
and overwrites handle_message. (see mybin.h in attachment).

I used basic-tutorial-2.c where I added the redefinition of handle_message
method, and just put a g_print to see if my redefined method is called (see
basic-tutorial-2.c)

I never see my redefined method called and would like to have help to
resolve this issue.

Notice that I am using glib 2.54.2 which uses G_DECLARE_DERIVABLE_TYPE.

Thanks,

Eloi