Copying buffer data

Yasushi SHOJI yasushi.shoji at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 08:40:47 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 9:52 PM, Ozhmegov <ElijahOzhmegov at gmail.com> wrote:
>    I'm creating a new buffer in my gstreamer's plugins and then I don't
> touch that buffer. However, data of old buffer appears in new one. How does
> old buffer appear in new one?

I'm not quite sure what you mean.  What appears where?
Do you have a complete minimal example which we can compile and try?

>     GstBuffer *buffer = gst_buffer_new_allocate(NULL, sz, NULL);

If you mean by the buffer has old contents right after the allocation,
that's how heap memory (g_slice_alloc / malloc) works in C.

https://stackoverflow.com/a/8029624/640650
--
               yashi