best way to flush data in sink/queue

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Oct 2 17:49:40 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-10-02 at 19:23 +0200, Mailing List SVR wrote:

> I have yet to fully understand what the max-lateness property really
> do and because its default value is -1 for audio sink and 20000000
> for video sinks, I suppose I have to read the code :)

If set, it will render buffers that arrive up to $max_lateness late at
the sink. For video sinks that's 20ms by default, so about half a frame
at 25fps and a frame at 50fps. Frames later than that will be dropped
and not rendered.

Audiosinks work differently and will by default just put samples behind
the previous samples, unless there's a discont or the actual position
diverged too much from where it should be. There are other properties
to fine-tune the behaviour (alignment-threshold, drift-tolerance).

Join us at the GStreamer Conference!
21-22 October 2017 in Prague, Czech Republic
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/conference/