Caps to set for streaming openGL framebuffer from appsrc

Martin Vachovski Martin.Vachovski at skytek.com
Tue Oct 3 10:43:53 UTC 2017

Hi Arvin,

As per the first problem:
>>> ** (gst-launch-1.0:4745): CRITICAL **: gst_gl_window_get_context: assertion
>>> 'GST_IS_GL_WINDOW (window)' failed
>>> Caught SIGSEGV
>>> exec gdb failed: No such file or directory

I think that you might have problems with your gstreamer installation, opengl drivers, or the x-server.
The pipeline I suggested before works for me both under
Windows 10, gst 12.2
Ubuntu 16.04, gst  1.8.2

Try replacing the
autovideosink
with fakesink, or with ximagesink (Linux)
and see if the pipeline plays.

I might be wrong, but as far as I understand, the
video/x-raw(memory:GLMemory)
really represents memory which is placed on your video card's memory,
so just sending it over tcp won't be easy.

You should try to download these buffers with the gldownload element first.

Hope that helps
Martin