mx6: video playback using the coda driver

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 01:19:31 UTC 2017

Hi Nicolas,

On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 10:03 PM, Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas at ndufresne.ca> wrote:

> Le 8 oct. 2017 à 18:30, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Why does Gstreamer say it is missing a "ITU H.264 decoder »?
>

> No idea, does it work if you use this directly ?:
>
>   h264parse ! v4l2video1dec ! kmssink

Let me install h264parse and will give it a try.

> What do you get when you gst-inspect-1.0 the v4l2 based decoder ?

# gst-inspect-1.0 v4l2video1dec
Factory Details:
  Rank                     primary + 1 (257)
  Long-name                V4L2 Video Decoder
  Klass                    Codec/Decoder/Video
  Description              Decode video streams via V4L2 API
  Author                   Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas.dufresne at collabora.co.uk>

Plugin Details:
  Name                     video4linux2
  Description              elements for Video 4 Linux
  Filename                 /usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstvideo4linux2.so
  Version                  1.12.2
  License                  LGPL
  Source module            gst-plugins-good
  Source release date      2017-07-14
  Binary package           GStreamer Good Plug-ins source release
  Origin URL               Unknown package origin

GObject
 +----GInitiallyUnowned
       +----GstObject
             +----GstElement
                   +----GstVideoDecoder
                         +----GstV4l2VideoDec
                               +----v4l2video1dec

Pad Templates:
  SINK template: 'sink'
    Availability: Always
    Capabilities:
      video/mpeg
            mpegversion: 4
           systemstream: false
      video/mpeg
            mpegversion: 2
      video/x-h264
          stream-format: byte-stream
              alignment: au

  SRC template: 'src'
    Availability: Always
    Capabilities:
      video/x-raw
                 format: { (string)NV12, (string)I420, (string)YV12,
(string)YUY2 }
                  width: [ 1, 32768 ]
                 height: [ 1, 32768 ]
              framerate: [ 0/1, 2147483647/1 ]

Element Flags:
  no flags set

Element Implementation:
  Has change_state() function: gst_v4l2_video_dec_change_state

Element has no clocking capabilities.
Element has no URI handling capabilities.

Pads:
  SINK: 'sink'
    Pad Template: 'sink'
  SRC: 'src'
    Pad Template: 'src'

Element Properties:
  name                : The name of the object
                        flags: readable, writable
                        String. Default: "v4l2video1dec0"
  parent              : The parent of the object
                        flags: readable, writable
                        Object of type "GstObject"
  device              : Device location
                        flags: readable
                        String. Default: "/dev/video1"
  device-name         : Name of the device
                        flags: readable
                        String. Default: "CODA960"
  device-fd           : File descriptor of the device
                        flags: readable
                        Integer. Range: -1 - 2147483647 Default: -1
  output-io-mode      : Output side I/O mode (matches sink pad)
                        flags: readable, writable
                        Enum "GstV4l2IOMode" Default: 0, "auto"
                           (0): auto             - GST_V4L2_IO_AUTO
                           (1): rw               - GST_V4L2_IO_RW
                           (2): mmap             - GST_V4L2_IO_MMAP
                           (3): userptr          - GST_V4L2_IO_USERPTR
                           (4): dmabuf           - GST_V4L2_IO_DMABUF
                           (5): dmabuf-import    - GST_V4L2_IO_DMABUF_IMPORT
  capture-io-mode     : Capture I/O mode (matches src pad)
                        flags: readable, writable
                        Enum "GstV4l2IOMode" Default: 0, "auto"
                           (0): auto             - GST_V4L2_IO_AUTO
                           (1): rw               - GST_V4L2_IO_RW
                           (2): mmap             - GST_V4L2_IO_MMAP
                           (3): userptr          - GST_V4L2_IO_USERPTR
                           (4): dmabuf           - GST_V4L2_IO_DMABUF
                           (5): dmabuf-import    - GST_V4L2_IO_DMABUF_IMPORT
  extra-controls      : Extra v4l2 controls (CIDs) for the device
                        flags: readable, writable
                        Boxed pointer of type "GstStructure"
#