mx6: video playback using the coda driver

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 15:51:48 UTC 2017

Hi Philipp,

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 12:33 PM, Philipp Zabel <p.zabel at pengutronix.de> wrote:

> That is probably missing an avidemux between filesrc and h264parse.

Yes, exactly. Now the playback is very smooth, thanks!

I think it would be still nice if we could be able to play a full HD
video on a display that has a smaller resolution, such as 1024x768 in
the mx6qsabresd case.

You suggested earlier in the thread:

"Unfortunately kmssink doesn't recognize during negotiation that the
overlay plane can't scale. For upscaling this is 'handled' by just
falling back to a centered, unscaled plane. For downscaling this fails,
as the unscaled frame is too large to be displayed.

I suppose what kmssink could do is check the display resolution and
crop to that during show_frame if the first try failed?"

If someone has a proposal patch to make this work, I would be glad to test it.

Thanks!