How to multiplex audio and video into mpegtsmux

jmz jmzheng at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 09:59:12 UTC 2017

Hi Vinod

Vinod Kesti wrote
> The below error is reported when pad is added after mpegts muxer goes to
> playing state. i.e you are adding the pad too late.
>
> Which version of Gstreamer you are using ??

I use GStreamer 1.2, but get the same error "mpegtsmux0: Could not multiplex
stream." when using newer version such as 1.10. Is this a bug in older
mpegtsmux element?

As you mentioned, the error occurs when the second pad is added to mpegtsmux
after mpegts muxer goes to playing state. I change the flow to add rtspsrc,
mpegtsmux, and filesink to a pipeline at the beginning but set only rtspsrc
(not pipeline) to PLAYING. Both audio and video streams are also added to
the pipeline on the pad-added signal of rtspsrc. Finally the pipeline is set
to PLAYING on the no-more-pads signal of rtspsrc.

However, the pipeline is not playing (only PAUSED state?) and the following
warnings are shown continuously with GST_DEBUG=3:

WARN               rtpsource rtpsource.c:945:calculate_jitter: cannot get
current running_time

Please give me some instruction on how to multiplex RTSP audio and video
into mpegtsmux? Should I handle this in rtspsrc's pad-added, no-more-pads,
or other signals?

Thanks