AW: Newbie trying to set up windows gstreamer build environment

Thornton, Keith keith.thornton at zeiss.com
Wed Oct 11 13:49:07 UTC 2017

Hi,
I installed in a VMware Virtual machine and made some notes at the time but I'm afraid they are not very specific.
For what they are worth here they are.

1) install VMWare Workstation 12 on Speed Demon Machine.
2) install Windows Professional 7 x64 English
3) Updated Windows by installing current patch set.
4) Installed german keyboard and changed location to Germany.
5) Installed Firefox and Security Essentials.
I made a first snapshot here. Unfortunately, windows then decided it wanted to install more updates after the snapshot was made.
6) installed mingw 32bit installer, selected a complete installation of binaries and then installed MinGW to C:\MinGW
7) Installed vim7.4, python2.7, cmake, git and wix35 as described by (Ref. 1)

This is where I made a second snapshot.

8) I made a link to c:\MinGW\msys\1.0\msys.bat on the desktop
9) Start msys and set up it's environment by typing
echo "export PATH=\"\$PATH:/c/Python2.7:/c/Git/bin:/c/MinGW/bin"" > ~/.profile           (Ref. 1)
10) restart msys
11) download the cerbero build system using
git clone git://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero .....