How to multiplex audio and video into mpegtsmux

jmz jmzheng at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 02:03:31 UTC 2017

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Dufresne-5 wrote
> Le jeudi 12 octobre 2017 à 03:32 -0700, Vinod Kesti a écrit :
>> No need to set rtspsrc to PLAYING state. In PAUSE state on buffer can
>> reach sink.
>
> Live source don't produce data in paused. rtspsrc is a live source.

Thank you for the clarification.

My initial question is I cannot multiplex RTSP audio and video into
mpegtsmux on the fly (as dynamic pipeline) in the following steps:

a) Create rtspsrc & mpegtsmux & sink and add them to pipeline
b) Set pipeline to PAUSED
c) Set rtspsrc to PLAYING (necessary because rtspsrc is live source)
d) In pad-added callback of rtspsrc, add video and audio stream to pipeline,
link elements, and sync state with pipeline
e) In no-more-pads callback of rtspsrc, set pipeline to PLAYING

I get error "mpegtsmux0: Could not multiplex stream." I can use gst-launch
tool to do the same thing. Do you or anyone know how mpegtsmux can be used
in dynamic pipeline?

Thanks for any help.