"Buffer has no PTS" with this H264 IP Camera

Mandar Joshi emailmandar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 07:04:12 UTC 2017

> In my experience, qtmux reports "buffer has no PTS" if two consecutive buffers have the same timestamp. This can occur if h264parse receives a frame with invalid timestamp e.g. CLOCK_TIME_NONE it then guesses a timestamp. You could insert a pad-probe which checks the timestamps before h264parse and checks that the timestamp is plausible.
>
> Hello! Maybe this link will help you.
> There is a workaround on h264parse module:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42874691/gstreamer-for-android-buffer-has-no-pts

Thank You for sharing this. I found the C API call doc for
gst_base_parse_set_pts_interpolation on this page
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-libs/html/GstBaseParse.html#gst-base-parse-set-pts-interpolation

Will try it out and see if it fixes the issue.

Regards
Mandar Joshi