gstreamer rtsp streaming issue

EnthuMan shashankmutha at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 11:54:44 UTC 2017

Hello,
   I am streaming video from an IP camera and writing the output to a named
pipe to be used subsequently by a video transmitter.

/gst-launch-1.0 -e rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.56.98/profile1 !
rtph264depay ! h264parse !  mpegtsmux ! filesink location=videots
/

On the receive side, a vlc player is used to receive the data. The problem
is that the video doesn't show up but in the media information of the vlc
player, data is continuously being received.
Upon using TSReader (http://www.coolstf.com/tsreader/)to analyze the
received transport stream, it gives an error message which could be because
of the one of the following:
1) Times out at the PID level - if no packets from the PID are received
within 3 seconds
2) The PID doesn't contain PES data (TSReader was unable to locate PES
headers in the stream)
3) The PES packets are scrambled (there is an option for either/both the
transport and PES packets to be scrambled in MPEG-2)

Another observation: In the above scenario (where the vlc player is
receiving the data but not displaying the video) I change the video
resolution in the IP camers (let's say from 720p to 1080p or the other way)
then vlc player starts playing the video.
Attached is the TS file.
2017-10-14-16-39-403000-6-T.zip
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/t378021/2017-10-14-16-39-403000-6-T.zip>

I seek your help in understanding the issue.
Thank you for your time,