Changing RTSP speed while paused

jml5qh jml5qh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 21:56:03 UTC 2017

A little more information: A normal seek command works while the stream is
paused. Once I resume the stream, the new position in the stream is set.
However, when changing the rate while the stream is paused does not work.
When I resume the stream, the same rate from before is set. Here's the code:

*Regular Seek*
gst_element_seek_simple((GstElement*)this->receiverPipeline,
GST_FORMAT_TIME, (GstSeekFlags)(GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH |
GST_SEEK_FLAG_KEY_UNIT), (gint)seconds * GST_SECOND);

*Change Playback Rate*
seek_event = gst_event_new_seek(
                            gdouble(rate),
                            GST_FORMAT_TIME,
                            (GstSeekFlags)(GST_SEEK_FLAG_TRICKMODE |
GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH | GST_SEEK_FLAG_ACCURATE),
                            GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET,
                            position,
                            GST_SEEK_TYPE_NONE,
                            0
                         );
//Send the playback rate event to the pipeline
gst_element_send_event((GstElement*)this->receiverPipeline, seek_event);

Is this correct? Do you expect the rate change seek to work when I resume
the stream?