rtp example

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Sat Oct 28 10:46:06 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-10-27 at 15:30 +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:

Hi Patrick,

I suspect these scripts may be a bit fragile or bitrotten.

Does it work with the VTS server script?

If I run the server one on a file I get this in the output:

WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstURIDecodeBin:decode:
Delayed linking failed.
Additional debug info:
./grammar.y(510): gst_parse_no_more_pads ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstURIDecodeBin:decode:
failed delayed linking some pad of GstURIDecodeBin named decode to some
pad of GstVideoConvert named videoconvert0

which isn't a good sign. Would need to investigate what the cause of
that is.

The simplest way to get going with RTP streaming is usually by using
gst-rtsp-server. The source code has a test-uri example, so then you
can just do

 $ gst-rtsp-server/examples/test-uri file:///home/prlw1/optflow.avi

and in another terminal or on another machine (with right ip ofc):

 $ gst-play-1.0 rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/test

Cheers
-Tim