building gstreamer applications with visual studio

glenne glenne at engel.org
Mon Oct 30 18:43:25 UTC 2017

Thanks Tim and Michael!

I totally missed finding the build on windows tutorial.  It was very helpful
and between the two posts I was able to build the tutorials and make some
progress on my rtsp server app.  The link for the windows install got
mangled so for the record the correct link is:
Installing on Windows
<https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/installing/on-windows.html>
.

I did find I had to make two changes to get the tutorial to build with
Visual Studio 2015:

1. Change the recommended environment variable from GSTREAMER_ROOT_X86_64 to
GSTREAMER_1_0_ROOT_X86_64 as that is what the vcxproj files have in them.

2. Set Linker/Ignore All Default Libraries to No.  Otherwise I got numerous
undefined references from msvcrt.lib.

-Glenn