Using gstreamer RTSP server over the internet

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Sep 5 16:11:49 UTC 2017

Le mardi 05 septembre 2017 à 12:46 -0300, Thadeu Antonio Ferreira de
Melo a écrit :
> Not a single good samaritan?
>
> I couldn´t find a single simple example how to run the server and
> redirect the video stream.
> I wouldn´t be asking if I hadn´t exhausted my options.

That's the because the question isn't clear and slightly overloaded. I
can comment here, but a stackoverflow reply is unlikely to be useful.

    I have download and compile the gstreamer server 1.8, but the
    examples are not very clear.

Why 1.8 and not latest stable 1.12 ? Which example ? What wasn't clear
for you ?

    For the sake o simplicity I would like to have a local server that
    could receive h264 data stream from ffmpeg in one port of the local
    host and redirect it to another port.

With or without transcoding ? Is the H264 byte-stream or AVC ? Another
reason it's overloaded, I have never tested myself an Gst RTSP server
that simply forward. A jitter buffer might not be needed as an example,
allowing extremely low latency, but this need testing as it has not
been done publicly before. Some server library work might be needed.

    What is the minimal, simplest way to make that binding?

This depends on all the above. The examples in the "example" folder of
the library code are extremely simple, it's hard to answer your
question if we don't understand why these example are "not clear" to
you.

regards,
Nicolas