kmssink : Cannot Open /dev/mxc_vpu with Mainline kernel

Chakra D 2chakrass at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 17:23:46 UTC 2017

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for helping us out.

We are using gstreamer 1.0 from buildroot and latest linux kernel from
mainline ( linux-next ).
We have also set VIDEO_CODA as module while building uImage from mainline
kernel.

As you said, VPU firmware is getting loaded from vpu/vpu_fw_imx6q.bin.

We could not figure out what is going wrong, we have followed the steps
that are in [1].

And also we could not understand why "mxc_vpu" is throwing error in main
line gstreamer ?
Is there any other configure option that needs to be enabled for gstreamer
build ?

[1] https://paste.ubuntu.com/25426280/

Regards,
Chakra