Attach Record Bin Again

killerrats koreysjunkmail at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 16:44:00 UTC 2017

Main Source
----------------
         | queue1 -> rtph264depay -> h264parse -> vtee --------|
rtspsrc
RecBin
         | queue2 -> rtpmp4gdepay -> aacparse -> faad -> atee |

RecBin
---------
queue3 |
            mux -> appsink
queue4 |

Steps unlink and link
-----------------
1. unlink mux to appsink
2. unlink the pad vtee to record bin ghost pad "Videosink"
3. unlink the pad atee to record bin ghost pad "audiosink"
4. unlink the pad queue3 to mux
5. unlink the pad queue4 to mux
6. release pad from vtee and atee
7. gst_element_remove_pad q3 to mux
8. gst_element_remove_pad q4 to mux
9. null the record bin
10. remove each item in record bin
11. remove from main pipeline

Linking back up
-----------------
12. setup each item and add to record bin.
13. request pad from mux "video_00" and link q3 to mux
14 request pad from mux "audio_00" and link q4 to mux
15 add record bin to main pipeline
16. create "videosink" ghost pad and link ghost pad to q3
17. create "audiosink" ghost pad and link ghost pad to q4
18. gst_state_paused on record bin
19. request pad from vtee "src_1" and link to ghost pad "videosink"
20. request pad from atee "src_1" and link to ghost pad "audiosink"
21. link mux to appsink
22. put play on record bin and setup appsink emit signal function

question:
--------------
I have successfully send eos through record bin to then unlink and link back
up. The problem is when I link the record bin back up the audio is good but
the video doesn't come through. what could be the possibilities of why video
doesn't show up.

if I put a autovideosink on the one of the queues it will show up with the
video. it like the mux is not putting the video through. any ideas?

it works the first time recording and writing to the video file. it just
doesn't show up with the video there after I unlink and link the record bin
back on. I will work if i completely start all over by eos through the whole
pipeline and recreate again but I'm trying to keep the session going to just
break off branch to relink again.