Using gstreamer RTSP server over the internet

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Sep 6 18:36:30 UTC 2017

Le mercredi 06 septembre 2017 à 14:53 -0300, Thadeu Antonio Ferreira de
Melo a écrit :
> I´m now testing with the SDP sample.
>
> I run my ffmpeg source  that generates this SDP file:
> v=0
> o=- 0 0 IN IP4 127.0.0.1
> s=No Name
> c=IN IP4 127.0.0.1
> t=0 0
> a=tool:libavformat 56.40.101
> m=video 5004 RTP/AVP 96
> a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000
> a=fmtp:96 packetization-mode=1

Ok, seems fair, not sure what "packetization-mode=1" though. Before you
go and create an RTSP relay out of that, can you make sure you can
receive, decode, play this RTP stream in the first place ?

  gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=my.sdp ! sdpdemux ! decodebin ! autovideosink

Then the relay pipeline should be fairly similar. Something like may work:

  "filesrc location=my.sdp ! sdpdemux  ! identity name=pay0"

Nicolas

> I set the file for the example and run it. However when I hit play
> the server displays:
>
> (lt-test-sdp:9989): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_unref:
> assertion 'object != NULL' failed
>
> ** (lt-test-sdp:9989): CRITICAL **: gst_rtsp_stream_join_bin:
> assertion 'GST_IS_RTSP_STREAM (stream)' failed
>
> ** (lt-test-sdp:9989): CRITICAL **: gst_rtsp_media_create_stream:
> assertion 'GST_IS_ELEMENT (payloader)' failed

This is pretty bad, I would not expect anything to work after-ward.
Though, we'd need to see you code to figure-out what happened. It seems
to start from a GstObject being NULL.