memory:DMABuf usage with waylandsink

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Sep 8 16:20:22 UTC 2017

Le vendredi 08 septembre 2017 à 13:19 +0900, Yasushi SHOJI a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 5:28 PM, Damian Hobson-Garcia
> <dhobsong at igel.co.jp> wrote:
> > According to the gstdmabuf.h header (plugins-base), though, this should
> > only be set for non-mappable DMABUF, but since my DMABUFs *are*
> > mappable, it seems like I shouldn't be setting this flag.  Without it,
> > though only the formats supported for SHM buffers can be negotiated.  Of
> > course, its easy enough to just lie and set the flag, but I'm wondering
> > if there is a more correct solution.
>
> It might be nice to rename it to
> GST_CAPS_FEATURE_MEMORY_NONMAPPABLE_DMABUF?

Too late, it's in the API. It's also a bit wrong since you may be using
the caps feature with mappable DMABuf too. It's a matter of
negotiation, if nothing in the pipeline prevents it, it will be used.
Will happen in some future to satisfy waylandsink when doing v4l2src !
waylandsink.

We could clarify the doc though. Feel free to give it a try.

regards,
Nicolas