pipeline works with filesrc but not udpsrc

jopado jopado1 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 10 05:18:49 UTC 2017

Yasushi SHOJI-2 wrote
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 5:18 AM, jopado <

> jopado1@

> > wrote:
>> Resolved: Need to use dynamic linking of pads for a live source. I got to
>> used to the ease of filesrc.
>
> would you mind to elaborate a bit?
>
> I thought you need tsparse before tsdemux.
> --
>          yashi

My issue when switching from filesrc to udpsrc was that the the pipeline
linkage cannot be completed until data starts flowing (through the udpsrc to
the demux). So I changed my code and added a pad-added callback for the
tsdemux element.  This is discussed here:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/application-development/basics/pads.html
<https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/application-development/basics/pads.html>

My transport stream contains only one program so I did not have tsparse in
the pipeline.

However now I have a new problem:
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/udpsrc-to-tsdemux-interaction-td4684546.html
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/udpsrc-to-tsdemux-interaction-td4684546.html>