Make gstreamer work with commercial stream readers

WisdomPill anas.el.amraoui at live.com
Mon Sep 11 11:22:36 UTC 2017

Hi, I'm quite new to gstreamer and I was wondering if I can create a stream
over rtsp://<url> or some kind of http adaptive streaming so that any
commercial application that reads rtsp can read from the stream without some
sdp file of some kind.
My current pipeline is the folowing
gst-launch-1.0 -v videotestsrc !
video/x-raw,format=RGB,width=1280,height=720,framerate=10/1 ! videoconvert !
x264enc speed-preset=ultrafast tune=zerolatency ! rtph264pay
config-interval=1 pt=96 ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=5000 sync=false

with this pipeline to read the stream with vlc for exmple I need a sdp file
like the following

v=0
m=video 5000 RTP/AVP 96
c=IN IP4 127.0.0.1
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000

In this case I have two questions, can I read from vlc using rtps://<url> or
can I use tcpserversink and in that case how do I have to edit my sdp file?

Also I started reading about http adaptive streaming and I was wondering
about the feasibility and latency of this method using hlssink. Can I make a
pipeline using hlssink? Do I need apache or Nginx in front of that?