Just checking re playbin and Wayland

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Sep 11 17:46:25 UTC 2017

I have a trivial C++/gstreamermm program for playing a media file, which just
uses a playbin and lets it do all the pipeline building, to which I run an
MP4. The file plays fine but then on termination I get:

Error: Output window was closed: xvimagesink.c(554): gst_xv_image_sink_handle_xevents (): /gtkmm__GstPlayBin:gtkmm__gstplaybin0/GstPlaySink:playsink/GstBin:vbin/GstXvImageSink:xvimagesink0

Given I am running on Debian Sid with XWayland I was surprised that this
plugin was chosen. I had an expectation of something not X-ish given this is
Wayland. But then it is XWayland so perhaps my expectations are just wrong?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk