qmlglsink plugins-bad buildroot egl

Weber, Holger Holger.Weber at telerob.com
Tue Sep 12 12:01:15 UTC 2017

I try to get qmlglsink (gst-plugins-bad 1.12.2) running on an embedded system with buildroot.
There is no X or Wayland server - qt is already running on egl (intel mesa).

There are multiple issues.
Fist, configure finds no window intergration:
[...]
checking for GLES2... yes
checking GLES3/gl3.h usability... yes
checking GLES3/gl3.h presence... yes
checking for GLES3/gl3.h... yes
checking for EGL... yes
checking for fbGetDisplay in -lEGL... no
checking EGL/fbdev_window.h usability... no
checking EGL/fbdev_window.h presence... no
checking for EGL/fbdev_window.h... no
checking for bcm_host_init in -lbcm_host... no
checking for WAYLAND_EGL... no
checking libdrm/drm_fourcc.h usability... yes
checking libdrm/drm_fourcc.h presence... yes
checking for libdrm/drm_fourcc.h... yes
checking for GST_ALLOCATORS... yes
checking for glTexDirectVIV in -lGLESv2... no
host is x86_64-buildroot-linux-gnu
configure: WARNING: X or Wayland is required for OpenGL support
configure: WARNING: Could not find any OpenGL platforms to use such as CGL, WGL or GLX
configure: WARNING: Could not find any window systems to use such as Cocoa, Win32API or X11
[...]
checking for QT... yes
checking for moc-qt5... no
checking for moc... /opt/toolchain/x86/buildroot/output/host/bin/moc
checking for rcc-qt5... no
checking for rcc... /opt/toolchain/x86/buildroot/output/host/bin/rcc
checking for uic-qt5... no
checking for uic... /opt/toolchain/x86/buildroot/output/host/bin/uic
configure: WARNING: Could not find any Qt Windowing integration
configure: *** These plugins will not be built: qt
[...]

Configure options
  --disable-avc \
        --disable-opensles \
        --disable-uvch264 \
        --disable-msdk \
        --disable-voamrwbenc \
        --disable-bs2b \
        --disable-chromaprint \
        --disable-dc1394 \
        --disable-dts \
        --disable-resindvd \
        --disable-faac \
        --disable-flite \
        --disable-gsm \
        --disable-fluidsynth \
        --disable-kate \
        --disable-ladspa \
        --disable-lv2 \
        --disable-libde265 \
        --disable-modplug \
        --disable-mplex \
        --disable-ofa \
        --disable-openexr \
        --disable-openni2 \
        --disable-teletextdec \
        --disable-wildmidi \
        --disable-smoothstreaming \
        --disable-soundtouch \
        --disable-spc \
        --disable-gme \
        --disable-vdpau \
        --disable-schro \
        --disable-zbar \
        --disable-spandsp \
        --disable-gtk3 \
         --enable-qt

I also can't build the opengl plugin because of missing X and Wayland, but I net the glupload to use the qmlgl sink, right?