gstreamermm C++ vs C calls

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Sep 12 19:00:39 UTC 2017

Le mardi 12 septembre 2017 à 17:51 +0100, Russel Winder a écrit :
> It seems that any C++/gstreamermm code dealing with the construction of
> gtkglsink, gtksink, glsinkbin, and attaching as the video-sink to the playbin
> stops the "overlay" and causes a new window to appear. At least in the Me TV
> context. I'll see if I can transpose this problem into a small example.

Ignore glsinkbin, it's just a wrapper. gtkglsink, gtksink, qmlglsink
are widget sink. They don't support GstVideoOverlay. Use glimagesink,
xvimagesink if you don't want to use a separate window for overlaying
your video. The widget based sink are design to be composed within your
widget tree. Instead of using the GstVideoOverlay interface, you get
the "widget" property on them, and add the widget to you UI the way it
works in your widget library.

regards,
Nicolas