re-streaming an RTSP stream

Carbajal, Guillermo Guillermo.Carbajal at sonda.com
Fri Sep 15 12:06:30 UTC 2017

Hello,
We are using the following pipeline to re-stream a video from an IP camera

rtspsrc location="rtsp://cameraIP:554/H.264/media.smp" ! rtph264depay ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96

The new stream looks good but occasionally we can see some artefacts. In particular, we can see:

* some frames are broken
* some frames are disordered

In addition, when reproducing the new streaming with ffplay, we see messages like the following in the console:

[h264 @ 05cd2b40] error while decoding MB 90 64, bytestream -21
[h264 @ 05cd2b40] concealing 439 DC, 439 AC, 439 MV errors in I frame

Is there any parameter we can add or modify in order to improve the quality? Latency is not as important as the video quality for our application. We really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Guillermo