Sending EOS through element?

killerrats koreysjunkmail at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 16:51:16 UTC 2017

          - - - - queue1 - - - rtph264depay - - - - h264parse - - - - vtee -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
         /
\  ____
rtspsrc
| A |
         \
/
           - - - - queue2 - - - rtpjitterbuffer - - - rtpmp4gdepay - - -
aacparse - - - atee - - - - - - - -

___
|A|
queue3- - - - \
	            avimux - - appsink
queue4 - - - -/

The classes are how they are structured. I am trying to send eos through
avimux but it freezes there. If I  send through srcPipeline it's successful.
I have look through the code but haven't come up with an answer. what i want
to do is send eos through unlink the  queue3,queue4,avimux and appsink. then
i will relink them back. I have done this before but don't understand why it
doesn't want to send through avimux. anyone know? I also have faksinks
connected to the vtee and atee for continuous play.

videoRecClass.cpp
---------------------
GstElement* srcPipeline;
deletepipeline();
linkpipeline();
setuppipeline();
unlinkpipeline();

PipelineClass.cpp
---------------------
_videoRecClass;

sendEosThroughAviMux(PipelineClass* pipe)
{
      GstElement* avimux =
gst_bin_get_by_name(GST_BIN(pipe->_videoRecClass.srcPipeline),"avimux");
      if(!gst_element_send_event(avimux,gst_event_new_eos()))
	{
                ImmediateLoopQuit();
	}
}