Gstreamer - use existing socket, fdsrc/fdsink

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Sep 20 08:47:09 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-09-17 at 11:23 -0700, karol221-10 wrote:

Hi,

> Packets were sent from client to server, but
> server didn't recognize it.
>
> Not working:
> client: videotestsrc ! x264enc ! mpegtsmux ! fdsink fd=x (instead of
> x - socket file descriptor)
> server: fdsrc fd=x ! tsdemux ! h264parse ! avdec_h264 !
> autovideosink

What kind of socket is this? Do you expect multiple clients to send on
the same socket?

In any case, try

  fdsrc fd=x ! filesink location=foo.ts

and see if you can play the foo.ts file afterwards.

I'm not sure how this solves your problem btw (multiple clients).

Do you want a separate playback pipeline server-side for each client?

Cheers
 -Tim

Join us at the GStreamer Conference!
21-22 October 2017 in Prague, Czech Republic
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/conference/