/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSrc:alsasrc0: Dropped 1760 samples. This is most likely downstream can't keep up and is consuming samples too slowly.

Shrikant Lahase shrikant at neotechindia.com
Fri Sep 22 04:44:52 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I am trying to receive audio using udpsrc from remote android phone.
My receiving end is raspberry pi board. And my command is as below:

"

*gst-launch-1.0 -v --gst-debug-level=4 udpsrc port=5003 ! audio/x-raw,
layout=interleaved, rate=8000, format=S16LE, channels=2, endianness=4321,
width=16, depth=16, signed=true ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink*

"
I am facing issue sometimes - error line is:
*"WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSrc:alsasrc0: Can't
record audio fast enough Additional debug info: gstaudiobasesrc.c(863):
gst_audio_base_src_create (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSrc:alsasrc0:
Dropped 1760 samples. This is most likely  downstream can't keep up and is
consuming samples too slowly*"

Q 1. How to avoid this error.?
 I tried using *sync=false *parameter But this creates delay and samples
get misses.

Please help me out...?

Q.2  I am running the command in debugging  *--gst-debug-level=4.  *But it
takes 7 seconds to start pipeline. How to reduce this time..?

Thanks,
Shrikant