flvdemux and negative cts

Sat Sep 23 15:49:02 UTC 2017

Hi,

I need to handle an rtmp stream from a wowza server, it outputs cts like
this:

1) 0
2) -4719
3) -4799
4) -4759

and so on until the cts return positive,

this obvioulsy cause big trouble to flvdemux that outputs something like
this:

gstflvdemux.c:1638:gst_flv_demux_parse_tag_video:<flvdemux0> dts 0 pts
4294962577 cts -4719

I'm able to make a patch but I need some directions, we can:

1) add a fixed offset to cts to ensure that generated pts are always
positive
2) we can just reset cts to 0 if negative since this happens only for
some buffers at the beginning of the stream
3) any other ideas?

here is a relevant patch that make ffmpeg handle these rtmp streams

https://patches.libav.org/patch/49871/

thanks
Nicola