gst_child_proxy interface

jmz jmzheng at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 10:40:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

I want to get and set properties of elements within decodebin. For example,
get the name of h264parse (the decodebin does contain h264parse):

  gst_child_proxy_get ((GstChildProxy *) decoder, "h264parse::name", &name,
NULL);

But it shows warning message.

  GStreamer-WARNING **: no property h264parse::name in object decodebin0

However, I can get the name of typefind by replacing "h264parse::name" with
"typefind::name"
How to use the gst_child_proxy interface?

Is there any difference when using the gst_child_proxy interface in PAUSED
or PLAYING state? I use it when pipeline changes to PLAYING state.

Thanks