Build

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon Sep 25 13:26:27 UTC 2017

Le lundi 25 septembre 2017 à 05:11 -0700, Ratchet a écrit :
> How can I enable hw acceleration on android-x86?
> Can I build gstreamer with cerbero with it option?
> I've already managed to compile gstreamer but it has no
> hwacceleration or I
> don't know how to use it.
> I got "no element "vaapidecode"" and "no element "vaapisink"" when
> pipeline
> was parsed

VAAPI is not a supported API on Android. GStreamer provides a plugin
called "androidmedia" that is based on Android Media Codec Java API.
Make sure to include it in your build. If your android-x86 have HW
acceleration supported in the Java layer it will be used automatically
by playbin/decodebin. Make sure to use glimagesink to get proper
accelerated render.

regards,
Nicolas