gst_child_proxy interface

jmz jmzheng at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 09:48:33 UTC 2017

filnet wrote
> Getting elements by name is not reliable unless you set the element names
> yourself.As you observed each element potentially has its own naming
> scheme.
> Look at the GstBin functions for better alternatives :
> https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstBin.html
> For example you can get elements by interface with
> gst_bin_get_by_interface().
> Or you can connect to the "element-added" signal (in GstBin again) to be
> notified of elements being added and do your logic then.

Hi Philippe,

Thank you for your suggestions. I chose to connect to the "element-added"
signal for further manipulation on the element added to decodebin.

With regard to gst_bin_get_by_interface(), I do not know how to set the
interface. I saw GST_TYPE_URI_HANDLER for filesrc and GST_TYPE_TAG_SETTER
for muxer. What interfaces should be used to look for video decoder, video
decoder, and parser inside decodebin?

Thanks