Android is strutting for Real Time Stream

Olivier CrĂȘte olivier.crete at collabora.com
Tue Sep 26 13:28:28 UTC 2017

Hi,
The two seconds are from rtspsrc, you can set the "latency" property to
something reasonable like 200ms by connecting to the "source-setup"
signal on playbin and setting the latency property to 200 if it's
rtspsrc.
You can verify the automatically calculated latency by setting
GST_DEBUG=bin:4
Setting the pipeline latency manually will indeed produce problems if
you set a lower value than the minimal one.
Olivier
On Wed, 2017-09-20 at 14:13 -0300, Azure1 Sureale wrote:
> Hello, I'm trying to have an Android Player receiving a RTSP stream
> from the internet and play it with very low latency. I'm using
> Tutorial 5 from the GStreamer home. Without any change my stream has
> a latency about 2 seconds (worst than Vitamio that I was using
> previously).
>
> With futher investigation we realized we could change the latency to
> 0 in the pipeline using this code:

> data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("playbin", &error);
> gst_pipeline_set_latency(data->pipeline,0); //This is what I wrote
>     if (error) {    gchar *message = g_strdup_printf("Unable to build
> pipeline: %s", error->message);    g_clear_error (&error);
> set_ui_message(message, data);    g_free (message);    return NULL;
> }
>
> Now the stream is strutting, alas dropping frames. However the stream
> is faster than the base code.
> Based on other questions, I tried to add rtpjitterbuffer into the
> pipeline but seems that is not that simple.
>
> How can I construct or change the pipeline to have low latency and no
> strutting?

Olivier CrĂȘte
olivier.crete at collabora.com