GStreamer on ROS using common_audio package

piti_wity pietrolorenzetti93 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 13:44:58 UTC 2017

I am working on a ROS project where I need to stream audio from a raspberry
PI 3 to my computer.

At the moment I am working only on the raspberry and I have worked out a
correct gstreamer pipeline to be used, which is the following:

gst-launch-0.10 alsasrc device=hw:1,0 ! audioconvert ! audioresample !
alsasink

Anyway, when I use the ROS package audio_common (
<href="http://wiki.ros.org/audio_common"> ), in particular the
audio_capture feature
(
<href="https://github.com/ros-drivers/audio_common/blob/master/audio_capture/src/audio_capture.cpp">
)
the error [ERROR] [1506519371.050052798]: Failed to create encoder element
pops out.

I tried a lots of difference set-ups and several plugins, but since gstream
is correctly working when I launch it from the command line, I am quite sure
that it is due to some configuration issues.

Thanks a lot in advance.