v4l2rc MJPEG to Videomixer slow - alternative pathways?

ashwath ashwath at bodega.ai
Thu Sep 28 23:15:51 UTC 2017

Hi - just wanted to add that I'm trying to run this with 4 cameras using the
above command, and it's still pretty slow.  When I use export GST_DEBUG=2 I
see lots of warnings that are:

"v4l2src gstv4l2src.c:862:gst_v4l2src_create:<v4l2src#> lost frames
detected: count = [2-15] - ts

So it seems like v4l2src is somehow dropping frames. Not sure if this is
because videomixer is forcing a speed it can't keep up with, or what.

One other caveat -- the cameras I'm using only support 30 FPS.  Still, even
if I halve the resolution (to 320x240), it does nothing to affect the
pipeline.

Finally, my cpu usage is staying pretty low, at max 1 core (of the 8 that I
have on my i7 machine) goes to 35%

I'm sure there's something simple that I'm missing