No vaapi feautures/plugins when 1.14 version is compiled and installed on Ubuntu 16.04

Jiang Pin pin.jiang at outlook.com
Mon Apr 2 02:35:28 UTC 2018

Hi, Guys,

          I try to compile 1.14 version of gstreamer and gstreamer-vaapi and
make it work on Ubuntu 16.04.

          After I got them compiled and installed, I found no vaapi
features/plugins are available.

          Here is what I got with gst-inspect-1.0 vaapi:

 Plugin Details:
  Name                     vaapi
  Description              VA-API based elements
  Filename                 /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstvaapi.so
  Version                  1.14.0
  License                  LGPL
  Source module            gstreamer-vaapi
  Source release date      2018-03-19
  Binary package           gstreamer-vaapi
  Origin URL
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

  0 features: