I can't compile gst-plugins-base

Benedict Holland benedict.m.holland at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 00:13:04 UTC 2018

So I don't know why this happens but here is the issue.

gst-plugins-base/tests/icles/Makefile

needs to have -lgstbase-1.0 added to the line. Instead of

GST_LIBS = -L/usr/local/lib -lgstreamer-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0
$(GCOV_LIBS) *INCORRECT*

It should be

GST_LIBS = -L/usr/local/lib -lgstreamer-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0
-lgstbase-1.0 $(GCOV_LIBS) *CORRECT*

This will compile. I don't know why autoconfig wouldn't do that.

Thanks,
~Ben