Any idea why this pipeline has about a 2 sec delay?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Apr 4 09:11:28 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-04-03 at 18:21 -0700, MonkeyWithComputer wrote:

Hi,

> I'm running this pipeline on a TX2. The elements are supposed to be
> using hardware decoding and encoding. Somewhere there is a huge
> latency, but im not sure how to profile this on a TX2. GSTShark isnt
> running on my TX2 to get any latency or timing info. Any idea where
> the issue might be or how I can reduce the latency?

Define "huge"? How do you measure it?

> Input over udp is h264 in an mpeg-ts.
> gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=6110 ! tsdemux ! queue ! h264parse !
> omxh264dec !
> nvvidconv ! 'video/x-
> raw(memory:NVMM),format=I420,width=720,height=480' !
> omxh264enc control-rate=2 preset-level=0 bitrate=3000000 ! mpegtsmux
> ! udpsink host=192.168.0.001 port=4100

tsdemux will add about 700ms of latency here (which isn't strictly
needed, in most cases a much lower value will work too, but this is the
worst case so that's what it does currently), and the decoder might add
a bit more especially if B-frames are used.

Cheers
 -Tim